Wednesday, February 23, 2005

More ICANN Lunacy

.
From the eng.pro website:
Starting February 21, 2005, engineers can receive more of the distinction and respect they deserve online by registering an exclusive .Eng.Pro domain name. Since the new extension is only available to certified and licensed engineers, this special opportunity helps to break engineers out of the already crowded .com space and stand out on the Web. The release of .Eng.Pro allows engineers to own their own domain name that instantly differentiates them on the Web, reinforces professional credibility and guarantees secure communications.

This announcement has been up for a while and yet the ICANN Board still hasn't seen fit to post their minutes on the decision to approve the launch of eng.pro (which was discussed at both the 24 January and 18 February Special Meetings of the Board). As this is obviously public knowledge already, why the ongoing reticence to publish the minutes? This is sheer stupidity.

2 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger The Immigrant said...

If I had read your blog earlier I might have avoided some of the mistakes I've made in the past with domain search. Your blog is very informative, so I'll be keeping an eye on it to make sure I have the latest information.

I recently tried domain search with Netclientpro.com and sofar I couldn't be happier. I have much more control over my domain name than I ever had with Network solutions. Also the prices are much cheaper.

Thanks for the great info!

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to register better domains with better keywords? Want to host the sites better as well? Check out domain name rumor!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home